Welcome to Ausable Township!
- Meetings are conducted the 2nd Saturday of each month at 9 a.m.
- Transfer site is opened for bagged garbage only 9 a.m. – 12p.m. Saturdays.
- Richfield Township Library will be at the hall at 10:00 on meeting days (2nd Saturday of the month)
- http://www.roscommoncounty.net – The Roscommon County Website
- Jack Sheppard is our zoning administrator for the township. All zoning questions and concern should be addressed to him. His phone number is 989-390-2709.
- 2020 Census – 236 Residents. Down from 255 residents last census. A loss of 19 residents.
Notice of Public Accuracy Test of Voting Equipment
To the qualified electors of the Township of AuSable,
Roscommon County, State of Michigan: Notice is hereby
given that a Public Accuracy Test for the Electronic
equipment that will be used in precinct 1 for the August
2, 2022 Primary election is scheduled for July 19, 2022 at
8:30 AM in the AuSable Township Hall, located at 9181 N.
Keno Rd, Roscommon MI 48653. The Public Accuracy test
is conducted to demonstrate that the computer
programming used to tabulate the votes cast at the
election meets the requirements of Michigan election
Ronald L. Watson Jr, Clerk
Points of Interest
The South Branch Ausable River
Recognition: Dedication by Natural Resources Commission Resolution (1956)
Size: 3,180 acres
Location: In the southeastern corner of Crawford County, 15 miles southeast of Grayling
Activities: Canoeing, hiking, fishing, hunting, camping (adjacent), photography, wildlife viewing, scenic vistas
credited info: Michigan DNR
The Old Post Office
Closed in 1925. Not much else is known about this structure.