Welcome to Ausable Township!
- Meetings are conducted the 2nd Saturday of each month at 9 a.m.
- Transfer site is opened for bagged garbage only 9 a.m. – 12p.m. Saturdays.
- Richfield Township Library will be at the hall at 10:00 on meeting days (2nd Saturday of the month)
- http://www.roscommoncounty.net – The Roscommon County Website
- Jack Sheppard is our zoning administrator for the township. All zoning questions and concern should be addressed to him. His phone number is 989-390-2709.
- 2020 Census – 236 Residents. Down from 255 residents last census. A loss of 19 residents.
Points of Interest
The South Branch Ausable River
Recognition: Dedication by Natural Resources Commission Resolution (1956)
Size: 3,180 acres
Location: In the southeastern corner of Crawford County, 15 miles southeast of Grayling
Activities: Canoeing, hiking, fishing, hunting, camping (adjacent), photography, wildlife viewing, scenic vistas
credited info: Michigan DNR
The Old Post Office
Closed in 1925. Not much else is known about this structure.